In 2011 I decided that I would choose 11 things in my life that I can do better. I realize I will never be perfect, but there are tons of things that I can improve upon such as the following:
- Topping the list on my journey to live the best life that I can is to change my attitude and enjoy life. We really are our worse enemies. I need to encourage myself more. Reflect on my accomplishments. Remind myself of the blessings that I have received daily.
- Write down the things that I want to achieve this year. Take a few moments to visualize myself completing my goals. Implementing a workable plan to get things done..
- I always say, “I love to travel” while I have been many places here in the US it would be nice to travel abroad this year. Plan a cruise for me and my family and actually take it. The last time I planned a cruise, I had to cancel because I would have been to far along in my pregnancy. This time I won’t have that excuse.
- Utilize my talents. I have many talents that are not being cultivated. I believe that if I don’t use my talents they will no longer exist. My husband has known me for 11 years and he tells me that he doesn’t know what my talents are. This year, I hope to WOW him.
- Do more volunteer work. I have joined one of my church’s ministry teams so that I can assist them and learn some new skills. I plan to dedicate myself to the things that I am committing to so that the outcome will be better.
- Teach my children to read. I am addicted to buying learning tools for them. They are learning and excelling but they have a desire to read books on their own. They can recognize many words and read a little bit, but I hope to teach them a skill that will enjoy.
- Keep my house better organized and tidy. My husband’s standards are high and I like things in their place, but I want every thing to be a little bit better so he will come home happy and won’t have to spend anytime picking up after the kids.
- Exercise regularly. I purchased Wii Fit Plus so that it would motivate me to exercise. I just started a routine on Sunday and so far, so good.
- I would love to go out with my husband at least once a month, just the two of us. I think I will ask my friend to watch my girls at least once a month so that we gain have some time to ourselves for a few hours.
- Tell the people that I love how much they mean to me while they are alive. I no longer want to live with regrets, wishing that I could turn back the hands of time. I want to build my relationships, so people will know that my love is genuine.
- Be more accountable of my time. If I plan better and make a schedule, I am sure that I can increase my productivity. I don’t ever want to look back on my day and say, “Man, this was a day just wasted.” I want to value my time more so that I will feel better about it. At the end of the day, I want to feel that I simply did my BEST.
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece.”
About Simply Orange Juice
Since the launch of Simply Orange in 2001, we have been making orange juice simple, the way nature intended. Our not-from-concentrate orange juice never has water, sugar or preservatives added and is gently pasteurized to ensure that you always get a fresh-squeezed taste experience. Headquartered in Apopka, Florida, the Simply Orange Juice Company is also proud of the approach we take with our other great-tasting 100% juices and juice drinks. For more information, visit http://www.simplyorangejuice.com
Join Simply Orange Juice on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/simplyorangejuice
A few months ago, I realized that my ...